City of Harper Woods Incorporated in 1951
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Payments accepted until 4:00 p.m.
In the wake of the Declaration of Emergency by Governor Whitmer regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus, until further notice, the 32A District Court will remain open, but the Court’s intake window will be closed. As a result, the Court will not be accepting in person payments or court filings.
Court staff remains available to answer phones, process payments, and respond to online requests. We encourage court users to submit filings and make payments by mail or by utilizing the drop-box in the lobby of the Harper Woods Police Department.
The following steps will be immediately in effect until further notice:
1. ALL Jury trials are cancelled. Court will notify parties of new date.
2. All General Civil, Small Claims and Landlord-Tenant proceedings including pretrials, trials, mediation and motions are cancelled. Court will notify parties of new date.
3. All Informal/Formal or Plea Hearings for civil infractions and ordinance cases are cancelled. Court will notify parties of new date.
4. For other misdemeanor cases, you may be notified by the court that your case has been adjourned either by mail or phone notification.
5. If you have a scheduled probation appointment, unrelated to a violation, please contact your probation officer directly at 313-343-2599.
6. If you have a scheduled presentence investigation or alcohol assessment, contact your probation officer directly at 313-343-2599.
7. Drug and alcohol testing will continue as scheduled.
8. All felonies and misdemeanor cases involving an in-custody defendant shall continue as scheduled.
We understand that this a unique and unprecedented situation and want to do everything we can to ensure the safety of our court employees and the general public. Should you have any questions, court staff will be available by phone (313-343-2590), during normal court hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Mon – Fri).
Daniel S. Palmer, Chief Judge 32A District Court